Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Ancient..Ruins...Rome - The Eternal City

AHSI - Rome, Italy is a beautiful place to visit. If you are a history buff or someone who enjoys Roman Mythology. Rome will feel like heaven to you. Public transportation was very easy to use, and everything is approximately twenty minutes away. The only downfall is the food. If you love Mafia movies or the Sopranos, and have salivated over the pasta meals with the juicy sausages and meatballs FORGET ABOUT IT. I went all over Rome trying to find Uncle Paulie, in the back cooking one of those meals. I was told, "that's TV".


ASSI - Rome the eternal city is simply breath taking from the cobble stone streets to the ancient ruins are beyond words. I was familiar with images of the Piazza del Colosseo (Colusium), Piazza San Pietro (St. Peter's Basilica), and Musei Vaticani (the home of Michelangelo's famous Sistine Chapel); however, I was unprepared for the feeling that enveloped me. I actually had a Oh my Gosh, Oh my Gosh, I cannot believe I am actually standing on the grounds of St. Peter's Basilica. I was over joyed at the realization of where I was, my entire body seemed to dance and smile all over in-belief, seeing is truly believing.

We took advantage of public transportation to see the city for 1.00 Euro, the buses start at 5:00 a.m. and run until midnight; upon arriving in Rome, we took the bus from the train station to the hotel, and back to the train station for our trip home. We took the train to the airport, it was more cost effective, scenic, and comfortable. Most Italians speak English, so please do not allow the language barrier to deter you from visting Italy.

I love European fashion, I just simply adore the clothes, shoes, and handbags. The cuts are small, you will require a larger size, but do hesitate to try on any item that catches your eye. I guarantee you, if you can fit-it, you will buy it, love it, and so will everyone else. Every piece of clothing I purchased while in Europe garners the most and highest compliments.

Unfortunately, we had the displeasure of staying at the Hotel Dei Mellini that was centrally located and walking distance to Vatican City where St. Peter's Basilica and the Vatican Museum are located, Museo Nazional di Castel Sant'Angelo (Palace of Angels), Museo dell'Ara Pacis, the Pantheon and countless other museums, and every step was worth the walk. The service I received at the Hotel Dei Mellini was unworthy of their 5 star rating. The rooms were standard, the temperature was warmer than we preferred with the air on, we were then relocated to a room with a defective shower rod that fell and hit me in the head as I was exiting the shower.

My overall visit in Rome, Italy was phenomenal, I definitely see it as five blink experience, just find other accommodations than the Hotel Dei Mellini that I give one blink.