Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Now on DVD - I Think I Love My Wife and Perfect Strangers

ASSI - Chris Rock has a knack for taking old movies and upgrading them to todays' era. Rock must spend countless hours watching old films in search of that one film that he can creatively rewrite. I Think I Love My Wife is a remake of the 1972 French film "L'Amourl'apre-mide. Rock plays Richard Cooper a married man who thinks life is rather mundane and routine with his wife Brenda Cooper (Gina Torres) and their two children. He has an ideal picture family, an attractive wife and children, house in the suburbs, and successful career that he is content with until Nikki Tru (Kerry Washington) a friend from his pass ignites some excitement into his routine life. Nikkie is the former girlfriend of Cooper's friend; therefore, she is off-limits for two very good reasons. However, his attraction to her causes him to question his feelings for his wife who takes good care of the children and the house but does nothing to entice and excite him, which makes it easy for Nikki to lure him away from the things that matter the most his family and work. Richard is rather green when it comes to a monogamous friend to an attractive single woman who toys with his emotions. I think I love My Wife is a fun adult movie that is good for comic relief. It also provides a hint of realism and provides couples with a glimpse of what can happen if you neglect your home. We saw I Think I love My Wife on the big screen and rented the DVD, he went to sleep in the theater, and did not remember the movie. I enjoyed the film both times; however, it was funnier at home, I actually heard all the punch lines.

AHSI....I Think I Love My Wife, starring Chris Rock, Kerry Washington and Gina Torres is a great funny adult relationship movie. Rating 4

ASSI - I really enjoyed Perfect Stranger mostly because of the plot, there is noticeable foreshadowing but because I was unsure how the story would unfold. I was more pleased with the story than the acting of Halle Berry and Bruce Willis, I am somewhat bias when it comes to good looking Gary Dourdan who plays Halle's ex boyfriend who slept with her childhood friend or so you think, and I think Giovanni Ribis is one of the most talented actors with depth and range plays a gadget geek who will do anything for Rowina Price who is an investigative reporting searching for her best friend's killer, she suspects that Harrison Hill (Bruce Willis) is the killer. She devices a plan to attract and trap Hill but is unsure if she has the tools to lure Hill into an Internet chat, and from their the plot thickens and you are left wondering, who, what, and why until the answers are revealed. No Oscar winning performances but convincing enough to deliver a suspenseful thriller that is worth the rental fee.
AHSI.....Perfect Stranger, starring Halle Berry and Bruce Willis is a riveting suspense thriller with a surprise ending. Rating 4

No comments: