Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Different Keyshia Cole

ASSI – I commend Keyshia Cole for all that she is attempting to do for her family, her business endeavors, and musically. Cole’s new CD “A Different Me” shows her growth as an artist, “Make me Over” sounds like a personal testimony of her transformation from a young lady to the woman she has become, which is evident with her personal style. The CD has 15 tracks, which is too much for any album, I understand an artist wants to give listeners/fans a product that has something for everyone, but 10 great tracks can do the same. On this album Cole enlisted the vocals of her rap artist Amina Harris who spits a verse on “No Other”, the late 2Pac Shakur on “Playa Cardz Right, heavy hitter and lyrical great Nas on “Oh-Oh, Yea-Yea”, and her new friend and vet in the business Monica on “Trust”. I am bias when it comes to 2Pac, to me; he is one of the best lyricists, and he has an authoritative voice that garners attention. “A Different Me” has mostly ballads but you can get your dance on to “Make me Over” and “Please Don’t Stop” the rest are tug at your emotions, wear your feelings on your sleeve, and the I am for you you are for me love songs. “A Different Me” is a minute and forty-six minute thank you song that filled with energy, Keyshia is all woman now and she wants her fans to know that she a sexy, strong, and talented woman who can have it all, but is really thankful and appreciative to her fans . As I see it, it is evident in the delivery and songs written for "A Different Me" that Cole has matured musically and as a woman, and is living her best life. I give "A Different Me" 3 blinks.


No comments: