Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Alicia Keys...As I Am

AHSI........ The third album by Alicia Keys shows her growth as a musical artist. When you listen to her LP, it sounds like an old soul reincarnated into this beautiful young woman. She is as good a piano player as a vocalist, and the instrumental arrangements sound like a live band. If you have witnessed Alicia's live or televised performance, you can tell that she really enjoys performing with live band. "As I Am" debuted ten weeks ago on Billboard, where it competed back in fourth with second and third, but it has remained #1 for the last three weeks. AHSI gives the newest project from Alicia Keys 4 eyeballs.

ASSI - Alicia's voice is maturing faster than she is on her latest LP, "As I Am." Ms. Keys is defiantly using her voice as a musical instrument much so that it sounds out of tune at times. I feel where she is taking the listener but I am unsure if I believe what she is selling. It seems forced to me, which is uncharacteristic of Alicia, who is known for sassieness and edginess in the deliverance of her lyrics. I am still waiting for one of the tracks to hit me and give me reason to listen to "As I Am." As i see it Alicia fans will purchase "As I Am" simply because of their love for Alicia, jut like me; however, I am displeased. As I Am receives 3 blinks.

No comments: