Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Kodak EasyShare - Will not break the bank but will break

ASSI-After spending a small fortune to develop pictures and zero investments in photo processing. I thought Kodak was right on time with the Kodak Easyshare CX6330 digital camera with docking station, so for my birthday, I asked for and received the Kodak Easyshare, boy was I excited. I thought this would be my last and final camera that would take me way into my senior years. The print quality was vibrant, rich, and sharp filled with colors that jumped at you, and it is rather fascinating to watch the printing process. The Kodak Easyshare did not fit comfortably in my purse, I prefer a smaller bag; however, my cellphone, wallet, car keys, and camera must all fit, and the CX6330 did not fit. We took the camera with us to Hawaii and while sitting at the bus stop, a piece of thread was caught in the battery compartment door. I simply pulled the string to remove and the latch to the compartment door broke, it was an AWWE moment. The fix-it solution that came to his mind was tape, which we used to secure the battery door that worked for two or three pictures before it required re taping. The camera was still under warranty, so we thought, so we made the camera useful until returning home. Well, when we returned it the store said no no no, it is over thirty-days, so I notified the manufacture, and they said, we'd love to repair the camera for $99.95, but to show our appreciation for your business, we will repair it for $49.95. I declined the offer and purchased a better camera; however, since he purchased the camera he felt compelled to fix and keep the camera that has given him nothing but problems since he paid to have it repaired. I give the Kodak EasyShare CX6330 one blink.

ASHI –One of the greatest attributes of the Kodak EasyShare CX6330 digital camera is the docking station, the bundle is ideal for traveling, especially when visiting family. The fact that you can print pictures instantly is a plus. Although the camera is three mega pixels, the print quality is sharp, crisp, and clear, which could be attributed to the print docking station. The bundle consists of the camera, docking station, ink cartridges to print forty pictures and photo paper. I am pleased with the pictures the colors are rich, bold, and sharp with vivid detail. Transferring pictures from the docking station is as easy as a- press-of-a-button will print or transfer pictures to your PC or laptop or use the included USB cord. Another good feature is the 16 MB internal memory, a feature the Canon SD900 lack; it also has continuous video with audio, 1.6 LCD screen, 3x optical zoom, power cords, and two AA batteries. The Easyshare is light weight and the four (camera, docking station, paper tray, and ink cartridge) pieces assemble with ease, and with twenty dollars you can purchase paper and a replacement cartridge. Is is not small enough to fit in your pocket but surely ideal for all family functions: cook outs, weddings, graduations, and anniversaries perfect for amateurs with a passion for photography. Since the battery compartment door was repaired, in 2006, the camera no longer works to its full potential. I covered the cost of the repair, which I feel was worth it, and I still see it as a value and give it 4 eyeballs.

No comments: