Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Home Cooked Breakfast at Sisters

AHSI....A fine Jamaican Cuisine Restaurant called Sisters is located at Main St and Kensington intersection in Hartford, CT is less than five minutes from downtown. The atmosphere is always pleasant, pumping through the speakers are sounds of dance hall reggae music, and from what I witnessed they have many repeat customers. They are also one of the few places that serve turkey bacon, which is important to me because I gave-up eating red meat or pork. The menu has a wide variety of Jamaican cuisine ranging from curry goat and curry chicken to whiting fish and salmon. AHSI gives Sisters Cuisine 4 eyeballs

ASSI - Sisters is a convenient neighborhood Restaurant that is a good place for breakfast. I tried their pancakes, turkey bacon, scramble eggs hard with cheese, and homefries were satisfying to the palate. As implied in the name Sisters is an all women operation, and the food really is reminiscent of a home cook meal. I am interested in trying the Salmon Cakes that were sold out our last visit. I also want to have an order of grits and an omelet. The sunshine through the front windows; the mirrors and Light Blue flowered wallpaper, and Off-White pant on the walls, the low eating counters, the upbeat rhythms of the Jamaican music is uplifting, and familiar faces gave me a good feeling the second time we had breakfast at Sisters. As I see it Sisters' restaurant receives 3.5 blinks.

No comments: