Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Overpriced Cafe

ASSI - It is important to patronize local small businesses. A friend and I walked three miles around Haines Point in Washington DC, after the walk my appetite was ravenous, and McDonald's fries were tempting but I resisted the temptation. While my friend was visiting with her aunt, I walked over to The Love Cafe, the owner Warren Brown was a guest on Oprah many years ago. Warren is an attorney who loves baking, he actually stopped practicing law to pursue his passion, and as a result open Cake Love a bakery and The Love Cafe a coffee shop. The menu has limited choices for vegetarians; therefore, I decided on an Italian grilled vegetable sandwich that was made with red and yellow peppers, onions, zucchini, and hummus on a soft textured bread for $7.98 without tax. The sandwich was too expensive, it lacked taste except for being spicy, which isn't my thing; and although I entered The Love Cafe without expectations, I was rather disappointed. However, if you like hanging out at a corner coffee shop due to convenience, financially stable, and can afford and willing to pay a little more to support a local business give Cake Love and/or The Love Cafe a try. As I see it, there are various neighborhood restaurants in the city that offer a host of food and atmosphere choices that will satisfy your appetite without effecting your wallet. I give The Love Cafe 2.5 blinks

No comments: