Total Pageviews

Monday, July 13, 2009

Jury Duty for Donna Brazil

ASSI - When I walked into the courthouse and saw Donna Brazil standing in line. I felt like a groupie, I was excited at the possibility of having a face-to-face conversation with her, and I really wanted to know what kind of reading material she had in her tote bag. She is one of the most influential political pundits affiliated with the democratic party, my love for politics, especially when she is on tv captures and keeps my attention. When she walked into the Jurors lounge, I said good morning Donna and she said hello, and I immediately got goose bumps. I had a OMG moment. Then I pondered if it would be a good idea to seat near her to pick her brain. After pondering this thought for several seconds, I mustered the courage to go and sit in the same row with her, and I asked "can I bother you?" Poor choice of words but hey that's what came out at the moment. She matter of factually said, "I am tired!" with that said, I continued to sit near her and read my paper, book, and watch the selected G movie provided for potential jurors. Ms. Brazil was very understated no make-up, finger combed hair, Black pants with a linen lime green long sleeved cover, a White cotton tank underneath, and Black New Balance sneakers, which made me smile. Due to issues that I have with my feet, I have to wear orthodox and New Balances are the preferred sneakers. Donna busied herself with the paper, checking and sending emails, and she also listened to the Confirmation Hearing for Judge Sonya Sotomayor. Perhaps Ms. Brazil did not want to bring any attention to herself; therefore, she remained seated in the same spot with the exception of when one of the clerks asked to speak with her. During the lunch break she moved up one row so that she could stay plugged into her work. She is definitely one of my Sheros and it was truly my pleasure seeing her and sitting next to her; even though, I was unable to have conversation with her.

No comments: