Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Dinner at Ginger's

ASSI - Based on the written reviews posted on Travel Advisor from guest who stayed at Condovac La Costa we had dinner at Ginger Restaurant. The reviews that I read stated Ginger's had the best food of all the restaurants in Playa Hermosa. It is a tapas restaurant better known as A La Cart, as vegetarians there were very few selections for us, but we managed to find a couple of dishes. We had Calamari and Ginger rolls that were good but simply not enough. I really like the decor, the service was great, and it is an open restaurant. There are two large sliding glass panels that were open, so the mosquitoes had a feast. The restaurant is aware that there is a need and was more than willing to hand us a can of insect repellent. We walked from the resort to Ginger's that was about 100 yards left of the resort.

Although there wasn't a large selection of dishes for us to devour, I recommend Ginger Restaurant, the food is served one dish at a time, and if you have about four or five dishes per person your appetite will be satisfied. I am unable to remember the brand of rojo vino (Red wine) that I had but it was really good even better than Shiraz, my wine of choice. I should have written it down. If and when we return to Costa Rica and we are staying near Ginger's I will definitely stop in for a bite to eat.

No comments: