Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

An Evening at Oya's

ASSI - I shared with a friend that I really enjoyed dining at Kaz Sushi Bistro, how it was a nice experience and gave me a new perspective on Sushi; however, my friend stated she knew of a place much better than Kaz. She thought Kaz was just okay but raved about Oya, and vowed that we would go to Oya Restaurant and Lounge for Happy Hour someday, Happy Hour is from 5 - 8 p.m. Monday - Thursday. Oya is located on 9th Street, N.W. off of H Street near the Verizon Center in Washington, DC. Well, tonight was the night that I was exposed to Oya's for Happy Hour and Sushi, I was without expectations just open to a new experience, I like the White decor, andthe Lounge area was layed back and a relaxed atmosphere, it didn't seem ideal for eating sushi. We spotted a table with two foot stools in a corner, and made ourselves comfortable. At first I was wondering how it was going to work out, but after a couple of sips of wine and a Sushi Roll it was all good.

We had the Happy Hour, Red Wine, Salmon Tempura Roll, California Rolls, and Spicy Crunchy Shrimp Rolls that were all absolutely delicious. I even managed to eat my meal without dropping any rolls or making a complete mess using the chopsticks. My friend managed to drink enough water until she was too full to finish her share of the Spicy Crunch Shrimp Rolls, which was alright with me. I believe the Happy Hour specials are $6 or $7 dollars for each item, our bill was $52.00 minus the tip. I thought the service was good, but according to my girlfriend there is another waitress, who generally serves her and another group of friends that is a little more on top of things than the waitress we had tonight. As I See it, Oya's Restaurant and Lounge is in a good location, the metro is in walking distance, the clientele is working class folk, the wine was good for the house wine, and the food was scrumptious; therefore, if and when you're in the area and you like Sushi give Oya Restaurant and Lounge a try. I give Oya's 4.0 blinks.

No comments: