Total Pageviews

Monday, November 24, 2008

Tina Turner Live at the Verizon Center

ASSI - Tina live is one concert that I have always wanted to see; however, the tickets are expensive if you want a decent seat, but when I learned she was going on tour one last time the decision was made to have an experience of a lifetime regardless of the price, and what an experience it was. It was extremely disappointing when I was unable to secure tickets for the first show, I was at a training trying to purchase tickets using my iphone, the seats were selected, and the only thing left was to purchase the tickets. I placed the iphone on my lap to retrieve my credit card when the connection was lost, and by the time the training was over the tickets were sold out.

Another show was added and this time nothing was going to prevent me from purchasing tickets. What a show! Tina is a class act, she has truly learned that you hire the best people to ensure you will have a show that is absolutely wonderful, she look good, sound good, and gave an outstanding performance. Everything was top notch from the sound to the musicians, the saxophone player was great, and I pleasantly surprised to see Lisa Fisher who is the former back up singer for the late Luther Vandross and the Rolling Stones, she sang one song while Tina did a wardrobe change. There were Ninja guys who performed during one of her costume changes and the dancers also did dance routine during one of the changes. As previously stated Tina hired the best in the business to go on the road with her and when you are legendary it is imperative that you give your fans what their paying for a show well worth their hard earned money.

The concert was well thought out and put together from the moment she stepped on stage until she said thank you and good night. As I see it if you have an opportunity to see Tina Turner in concert you must take advantage and go even if you have to go alone seeing Tina is worth the money honey. The only thing that I disliked was the floor seats never again will I purchase floor seats unless they are within the first five rows from the stage otherwise the view is obstructed and not worth it.

No comments: