Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cassava What a Chip

ASSI - I grabbed a bag of chips off the shelf while shopping at my local Wholes Food Market and what I discovered was a bag full of tasteful surprise. According to Arico a Natural Foods Company, the packaging of Cassava Chips is enough to entice any crunch monger. The following information is on the bag: 30% less fat than potato chips, twice the fiber of potato chips, trans fat free, gluten free, dairy free, cholesterol free, free of artificial flavor or color, and it also states that Cassava grows much like potato and originated from the ancient South American civilization thousand of years ago. Its cultivation spread to other parts of Latin America, Asia, and Africa. today cassava is consumed by millions around the world and is relatively unknown in North America. When prepared as a snack chip has a delightfully satisfying flavor and a light, crispy addictive crunch and are lightly cooked without the use of trans fat and gently seasoned in an array of tantalizing flavors. Cassava chips are good for you and good for the earth. As I see it that says it all; however, I tried the original that exceeded my expectations. The texture, taste, and satisfy my crunch fix. If you are watching your weight but want to still enjoy a guilt free snack you must try Cassava Chips. The other flavors available are Barbeque Bliss, Ginger on Fire, and Sea Salt Mist. I give Original Cassava Chips 4.5 blinks.

No comments: