Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Madea Should Stay In Jail

ASSI - Based on the trailers and the fact that I believe Tyler Perry has formula movies that are cut from the same premise, mellow drama. I was content on waiting for the DVD release. Madea Goes to Jail has funny moments but is not a funny movie...the story line was contrived to make a film, although not far featched. You can see the artistic/creative license used at-its-best. Extreme measures were taken for a laugh. There are pockets of the film that lacks the realism needed for me to care about the characters or the situations. The acting was mediocre, there were no standout scenes, and Keisha Knight Pullium who plays Candy a prostitute is a small stretch for the onetime child actresss, according to Perry this is her break out role. We will see, I am unsure that her portrayl was the best; however, Perry plays three parts: Madea, her brother Joe, and his son Brian, the attorney. He also wrote, produced, and directed the film. The movie also stars Dereck Lucas from Antwane Fisher and N.O.T.O.R.I.U.S. BIG and to round out the cast. As I see it, if you simply want to see Madea Goes to Jail to support Perry make it matinee otherwise wait for it to come out on Blue Ray or DVD. It was entertaining but not a film that I highly recommend or a must see on the big screen. I give Madea Goes to Jail 3 blinks.


No comments: