Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thoughts Of My Grandfather (WJW40)


If tears could build a staircase, and memories build a lane, I would walk right up to heaven, and bring you home again.
No farewell words were spoken, No time to say goodbye, you were gone before I knew it, and only God knows why.
My heart still aches in sadness, and secret tears still flow, what is meant to lose you, No one will ever know.
Since you will never be forgotten, I pledge to you today, a hollowed place in my heart is where you will always stay.
Today something happened that I thought never would. I wish it could be undone, oh, if it only could.
I realized that the memories I’ve made with him would always be there.
But I really miss him and want him here. See my grandfather passed away today and will never be back. And now it’s moments with him that I will sadly lack.
He won’t be there to see me get my license or my car. See me go to the prom or graduate because he is so far.
But I guess he’s in a better place. He resides In Heaven, and is surrounded by God’s grace.
Now he can watch over me throughout the night and day. And I can pretend t hat he’s not really away.
He can stay with me in a place inside my heart. And of me, he can still be a part.

Composed with love by Takisha Walker

No comments: