Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Don't Mind your Manners at Madam's Organ

ASSI - The Adam's Morgan area in Washington, DC is a great place for club hopping and one of my favorite hang-out-spots is Madam's Organ Blues Bar & Soul Food Restaurant located at 2461 18th Street, N.W., in Washington, DC. The cover charge after nine is $7.00, and a Long Island Ice Tea and a Patron Margarita cost us $18.50 the Margarita had too much mix it over shadowed the patron; however, I heard the Long Island Ice tea was made well. Madam's has four floors and a balcony that is great for people watching most folks who are passing seldom look-up, which makes for interesting conversation. I have yet to have the pleasure of eating any of the specialized soul food; therefore, I am unable to comment. However, the featured band is generally really good and Madam's draw a nice crowd of friendly folk looking to hear good music, dance and just have a good time. If you can find a seat near the band you are in for a good-time the bartender at the main bar is always a much fun and makes a good drink, and there is always someone standing near-by who wants to dance. I generally by-pass establishments that charger a cover bars make enough money off the bar and the person collecting the money at the door has a tendency to pocket some-of-the-money, but I am willing to pay to entire Madam's Organ because I always have an enjoyable experience. It is a dark non smokey atmosphere. Make sure you watch your step while maneuvering around the club, especially after a couple of drinks the stairs are tricky some curve, some are short, and some stair wells are long and narrow. As I see it if you are looking to have an experience, hear good music, and feel safe stop into Madam's Organ. I am sorry but they are always open. I give Madam's Organ 4.5 blinks.

No comments: