Total Pageviews

Friday, May 2, 2008

Satisfying Organic Juice

ASSI - There are a variety of juices available for consumers. Supposedly 100% juice is better for us, especially if made from organic fruits. R.W. Knudsen is a brand that I purchase at the local Whole Foods Market that specialize in organic foods. I tried several different brands of organic juice but prefer the flavors offered by R.W. Knudsen, especially the Blueberry Pomegranate , Blueberry Nectar, and Pineapple. Blueberries, Black Cherry, and Pomegranate makes for really good juice. I was surprised how quickly a 32 oz bottle of Blueberry Pomegranate juice can be consumed. I really have to monitor my intake because it was an ease to drink all 32 oz in a day, it is that good. Although the label claims the juice is made from 100% juice, the nutritional facts are as follow: Calories 130 per 8 FL OZ and there is 4 servings per container. ) grams of fat, 10 mg of sodium, 250 mg of potassium, 33 g of total carbohydrates, 28g of sugar and zero grams of protein all from organic fruit.

Nutritionist claims that we should drink juice made from 100% juice and non concentrate, but I have found that even the juices that claim they are made from 100% juice are made from concentrate blends. I am without a juicer. Therefore, I am at the mercy of purchasing juice from the Whole Food Market where I shop for grocery, and on occasion I treat myself to an all natural juice, but locating a Kiosk stand or store that serves all natural juice is problematic for me. However, I am on a quest to find juice sold in grocery stores that is actually made from actual fruit. As I see it the body deserves the good stuff, but until I find what I am looking for I will continue to purchase R. W. Knudsen's juices that are reasonable and generally on sale for $3.89 for a 32 oz bottle.

No comments: