Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Inside the Gaylord Opryland

ASSI - I knew the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention
Center is an enclosed property, but I was unprepared for the
interior layout of the various amenities within the resort. After checking into the resort, I was directed to the Cascade section of the hotel where my standard room awaited, there are six to eight hotel sections within the resort with standard rooms, premium garden suites, suites, and presidential suites that have nice wrought iron balconies. I was rather envious of the wrought iron balconies overlooking scenic interior view that are most ideal for reading the paper, working on the laptop, people watching while enjoying a meal, and conversing with family or friends. Upon entering the Cascade entrance, I was hoping to have a room with a balcony I had to settle for the roof top of the adjoining building. One evening when I returned to my room both of the sinks were completely filled with backed-up water dark as tar, I phoned the front desk and by the time I returned the sinks were drained and cleaned, house keeping even remade my bed. There are a number of casual and fine dining restaurants within the resort. I had the pleasure of eating at Water's Edge a buffet restaurant that was rather good, I actually posted an article, see post for further details. I also dined at Cascade's seafood restaurant that was rather pricey for the portions, the menu was limited, and the service was good.


Upon entering the Cascade's section of the resort I heard running water, it was a mini botanical garden complete with waterfalls and bridges. The convention center is located in the back of the resort. There are number of Kiosk, women dress shops, a children's' apparel and novelty store, a home accessories store, Jack Daniels shop, jewelry shops, and Haagan Dazs ice cream shop that was always busy. You can stroll through resort eating ice cream as you walk around on the cobble stone, pebble stone, marble, and carpet walkways through-out the resort. You can stop and have a drink at the revolving bar, stop pass the sports bar, or go to one of the pubs for a pint, but if you feel like dancing perhaps you would enjoy Fuse Night Club. The resort offers a controlled climate that is cool and comfortable; however, if you want to endure the outside temperatures there is an Outlet Mall and the Grand Ole Opry are within walking distance of the resort. A post of my Grand Ole Opry experience and my downtown experience is forth coming. The resort has a courtesy shuttle that will take you to both and to the Radisson its sister hotel across the main highway. Although the resort lacks entertainment, meaning it is without live family entertainment, it would have been nice to see a live show that's free with the exception of food and drinks that an entire family could enjoy. There are number of tourist attractions available such as a tour of the country singer homes, a tour of Nashville, you could dine aboard the General Jackson Showboat and see a live show but all of the attractions were costly. The resort also has a shuttle bus that will take you downtown, Nashville for $18.00 the cost of a round trip ticket.

There are three pools on the premises two outdoors, one with an hot food stand, and an one indoor pool if your looking to protect your skin from the sun. The fitness center is open 24 hours and is equipped with treadmills, stationary bikes, ellipticals, stair master, weight machines, exercise balls, yoga mat, and free weights; however, if spending your time in the gym is unattractive. To avoid becoming lost walk around the resort to familiarize yourself will provide enough exercise, especially if every corner of the resort is explored. I really wanted to treat myself to half-a-day at Relache Spa but a message and facial is $135.00 each plus 20% gratuity. As I see it the Gaylord Opryland in Nashville is a top notch resort that is great location for conferences, the conference rooms are just as nice as the hotel rooms, and I am looking forward to another visit. I give the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center 4 blinks.

No comments: