Total Pageviews

Friday, August 1, 2008

The Marketplace Buffet at the Gaylord

ASSI - The Water's Edge Marketplace Buffet at the Gaylord Resort in Nashville, TN is the best restaurant that inside the Gaylord. Although the food is moderately priced, the selection was minimal, but how many choices do you really need? I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner and lunch, and because it is a buffet, I ate until my stomach was at a comfortable bulge. The Salmon and Swordfish was cooked to perfection, the green beans had the right amount of crunch not over or under cooked, and the Creme Brule was felt like velvet in my mouth is was smooth and tasteful down to the last spoon full. Bintou was our waitress for dinner and Kimberly served us during lunch, they both provided quality customer service that made the experience better. The bartender was unfamiliar with how to make a Daiquiri straight up so my dinner mate went without an alcoholic beverage and I settled for Sangria (Red) that was enough to quench my thirst. Chicken Noodle and Onion Soup was served for both lunch and dinner; however, the catfish, chicken quesadilla that contained more peppers and onions than chicken but was surprisingly tasteful, turkey slices, chili, grits, mashed potatoes, and chicken catachatorie were a few items on the lunch menu. They also had a salad, cheese, and bread bar, and an assortment of dessert. Water's Edge offers a nice relaxing environment surrounded by a man made river, dancing water fountains, and a boat tour that is guided by underwater tracks that circle the restaurant and other parts of the hotel. The boat tour will set you back $11.00 but you are better off walking the premises, you see just as much and trust me with all of the tempting foods and beverages the walk will do you good. As I see it if and when you stay or attend a conference at the Gaylord Resort and Conference Center in Nashville TN, be sure to treat yourself to a meal at the Marketplace. Lunch is $19.99 and Dinner is $25.99 and the service was great. I give Water's Edge Marketplace Buffet 3.5 blinks.

No comments: