Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Crabs in a Bucket

ASSI - The advertisment of Joe's Crab Shack was enough to spark a visit. While in Nashville, TN attending a conference, a coworker and I came across Joe's Crab Shack, downtown, and stop in for a bite to eat. I ordered the Crab Daddy Feast that consisted of corn-on-the cob, Red potatoes, a cluster of snow crabs, king crab cluster, and one Dungeness leg. Midway through the meal, I thought, I am still hungry by the time, I started on the king crab I began to fill like the meal was enough; however, the buckets showcased on the commercials are overflowing with crabs. Although I could have eaten more, it was just enough to satisfy my crab craving, my coworker had Joe's Steamboat that is complete with corn, Red potatoes, smoked sausage, Snow and Dungeness crabs. The crabs are available in the following flavors: Garlic Herb, Joe's Famous Barbecue, Chesapeake Style, Steamed and New Spicy Boil. I had the garlic and she had steamed. The waitress neglected to place the order as Joe's Steamboat; therefore, my coworker did not receive the shrimp or sausage, but overall enjoyed her meal, especially since the bartender accommodated her drink request. I ordered a perfect Patron Margarita and she had a Daiquiri straight up that was made to her satisfaction. The waitress provided better service in the beginning and slacked of as the restaurant began to receive more customers. As I see it Joe's Crab Shake looks better on television than our actual experience. We managed to enjoy our dinner, but overall for the size of the buckets more crabs could have been included. I give Joe's Crab Shack receives 3 blinks.

No comments: