Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Seven Pounds A Heavy Movie


AHSI......Will Smith has done it again. In this movie he plays Ben Thomas, an IRS agent that is torn between life and death. After a tragedy devastates him, he sets out to find out if their are any good people left in our society. Rosario Dawson plays Emily Posa and Woody Harrelson stars as Ezrah Turner Both of their characters make this story believable and also bring you through a wide range of emotions. I give this movie 4 eyeballs.

ASSI - I cannot echo AHSI's comments that Will Smith has done it again, the movie is a compelling story and Will's performance as Ben Thomas a man who is struggling with righting a tragic wrong, is convincing but not Oscar worthy. However, there is one scene in the movie that I give my hat to Will because the strength that he must of mustard to deliver that scene is inconceivable to me. I think that Woody Harrelson deserves recognition for his portrayal of Ezrah Turner, his non verbal scenes evoked more emotion than if he had expressed himself verbally. The first hour and a half of Seven Pounds are spent trying to grasp the story line. Towards the end of the movie, you will began to understand what the movie is about, and learn why Ben Thomas appears to be grappling with life. As I see it, this film is not a great movie, but one that must be seen, and worth seeing not for the acting but the story. I give Seven Pounds 3.5 blinks.

No comments: