Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Indulge Your Taste Buds with Skinny

ASSI – I’d heard that Skinny Cow makes low-fat Ice Cream products that are high in taste but low in calories. Skinny Cow products have also been approved by Best Life Treats by fitness guru Bob Green, which is truly a healthy endorsement. Although Dr. Oz recommends that we stay away from foods that contain any of the following five ingredients: High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar, Enriched, Trans Fat, and Saturated Fat. I decided what the hell lets give it a try. The first five ingredients in Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle Bars are: Skim Milk, Sugar, Corn Syrup, Cocoa processed with Alkaline, and Chocolatey Ribbons, which contains its own set of ingredients. This product contains two of the no no ingredients, I still decided what the hell and gave it a try. We enjoyed the Chocolate with Fudge and Vanilla with Carmel cones more than the Chocolate Truffle Bars, but overall the product was good and the cones are filled with ice cream which was a pleasant surprise. I guess as long as we don’t over indulge we should be okay. Ice cream is not my dessert of choice when I am in the mood for something sweet; however, I will keep a box or two in the fridge just because it is a healthier alternative. Skinny Cow also offers Weight Watchers points values that allows indulgence without the guilt. As I see it, there are so many products available for consumers that it can be a little confusing when trying to decide what which brand to purchase, but if you are looking to satisfy your palate without giving up taste give Skinny Cow products a try. I give the Ice Cream Cones 4.5 blinks and the Chocolate Truffle Bar 3.5 blinks.

No comments: