Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sweet and Moist Prunes

ASSI - As a child prunes were the fruit that lacked taste appeal, the mere thought of drinking prune juice or eating a prune turned my stomach, I knew that it was good for moving the bowels, but overtime it became less about taste and more about nutritional value, you know the saying "you are what you eat." There came a time in my life when it was inevitable that I had to make wiser food choices if I wanted to be healthier; therefore, I developed a like for prunes, mind over matter was the key. I have tried several different brands of pitted prunes, I prefer Mariani and Sunsweet individual wrapped prunes they are sweet and moist, and the dried prunes are just that "dry" and hard to chew. Mariani prunes are made of quality dried plums, the texture is soft, lightweight, and plump I eat about five a day and their just as tasty as any plum. As I see it, add prunes to your grocery list they are a good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Potassium, and Antioxidants that are essential to living a healthy life. Mariani dried pitted plums are available at your local Sam's Club. I give Mariani Prunes 4 blinks.

No comments: