Total Pageviews

Monday, January 5, 2009

Syrah Grapes Makes For A Great Bottle Of Shiraz

ASSI – I have been on a quest to find a Red Wine that is ideal for my palate, by Jorge I think I have found it, Syrah is a dark skinned grape that is derived from Dureza a dark skinned grape and Monduese Blanche a white grape cultivated in the Savoy region. Syrah is most notable in Australia, but its origin supposedly is France as well as Europe, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, United States, South Africa, and Canada. Therefore, wherever our travels take us, I should be able to find a bottle of Shiraz. My introduction to Shiraz was at Macaroni Grill and I knew from my first glass that Merlot and Cabernet would no longer be my choice of Red Wine. It is really a nice blend of what appears to be Blackberry, Plum, licorice, chocolate, mocha, and/or pepper flavors. Thus far I’ve only purchased a bottle made by Yellow Tail, it is flavorful and not too heavy, but I’ve had the pleasure of enjoying a glass of others brands while dinning and socializing with friends. I have not identified one particular product that I prefer over another. As I see it, Shiraz is a great Red Wine that offers a better taste than Merlot and Cabernet, and deserves a try. I give Shiraz Red Wine 4.5 blinks

No comments: