Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Healthy Eating Life Style Habits

Food is essential to our existence; however, when we abuse food our body, mind, and health are at risk. Fad diets are as trendy as the latest fashion. The compliments you receive make you feel good, you are encouraged and want to stick with it, but when the novelty and praise fade. You revert back to what worked before but was dissatisfying, and it becomes a perpetual cycle that you cannot break. Oh but you can. With a few simple life style changes you can devise a plan that works best for you.

The first step to a better you is knowing your blood type, your blood is the blueprint to who you are; therefore, it is in your best interest to know your blood type. Certain foods promote weight gain and weight loss, some foods are great for your digestive system and some foods never digest properly, some foods are energy boosters while others zap your energy, hydrating your body and adequate sleep is also essential.

I highly recommend that you read Eat Right 4 Your Blood Type, eat four to six small meals a day, drink plenty of water, and exercise. It works for me and can work for you. My regiment consists of: A mug of warm lemon water, first thing in the morning with a half-a-lemon. I prepare my own bag of walnuts, dried apricots, and dried prunes, which is my first meal that is followed up with a small bowl of Strawberries, Blueberries, and Blackberry/Raspberries; a bowl of pineapples; a spinach salad with Salmon strips and feta cheese, Black beans or Black eyed peas with Flaxseed oil; turkey burger on Ezekiel Bread, and for dinner I have a meat and vegetables. I have six small meals every two or three hours.All foods must be consumed before 8 p.m. no if, buts, or ands about it. I eat this way Sunday through Friday, and Saturday is my cheat day. I eat whatever I want, as much of it as I want, and whenever I want. I work on the 7th floor and each day I take the stairs coming and going. I also tack Karate twice a week. The key to success is discipline.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day; however, I have learned that if you treat your body to the same foods for breakfast, lunch, and dinner you will achieve optimum results. It might sound boring to eat the same foods everyday, but trust me it is much easier when it is planned, prepared, and packaged. When you take the time to take care of yourself, your body will take care of you, and plus you owe it to yourself to be the best you, you can be. As I see it the way to jump start your new eating life style is to make an appointment with your doctor to learn your blood type, purchase or go to your local library and read Eat Right 4 Your Blood Type, purchase the Hydra Coach water bottle that monitors your hydration or drink 6 8oz glasses of water, turn off the television, and get up and moving.

No comments: