Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Sylvia's A Harlem Landmark

AHSI.....Sylvia's Soul food restaurant located in Harlem, NY reminds you of the Southern food that your Grandmother, Mother and Aunts make at family gatherings. I enjoyed the fresh baked cornbread, served instead of fresh bread or rolls that are usually served at other restaurants. I had the collard greens, which were sweet not bitter like most collard greens are and the macaroni and cheese. The service was great and the ambiance made you feel like you were at home eating instead of out at a restaurant. The servers were very attentive and everyone worked together as a team unit. The restaurant was packed with a variety of patrons. AHSI - Gives Sylvia's Restaurant 4 eyeballs. If and when you are in Harlem, I recommend you visit Sylvia's to get a good soul food dinner.
ASSI- I have an unusual palate that loves chicken livers and gizzards with sauteed onions and smothered in gravy, and Sylvia's Restaurant in Harlem served a nice portion of flavorful chicken livers that hit the spot. There are lunch, week day, and dinner specials on the menu for a moderate price. I also ordered Salmon Cakes with Collards and Macaroni and Cheese. The salmon cakes were salty and the collards were too sweet for me, but eatable. I had a Margarita that was okay, the decor was inviting, and overall it was good dinning experience. As I see it Sylvia's is a staple in the community that you must visit. I give Sylvia's 3.5 blinks.

No comments: