Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Water Coach

The HydraCoach, made by Sportsline, is the world's first interactive Water Bottle. It calculates your personal hydration needs, tracks your real time fluid consumption, paces you throughout the day and motivates you to achieve and maintain optimal hydration. Doctors, nutritionists and fitness trainers all recommend that we drink more water yet there has never been a device to help us adhere to the expert's recommendations. The HydraCoach is the only product of its kind and a breakthrough in personal hydration monitoring.

HydraCoach was conceived from the personal hydration needs of inventors Craig and Kelly Perkins, both lifelong outdoor enthusiasts. In 1996 the two were attempting to hike to the top of Half Dome in Yosemite,amazingly just ten months after Kelly had undergone a heart transplant. During there descent Kelly became severely dehydrated, turning a triumphant comeback adventure into a nightmare epic, and putting Kelly back in the hospital. Knowing proper hydration is critical to fitness and health. Craig and Kelly set out to devise a tool to help individuals quantify, achieve and maintain optimal hydration. The HydraCoach is the result of their experience and vision and an evolutionary leap in hydration monitoring.

AHSI...The HydraCoach is very helpful in making you more conscious about the amount of water you drink. It helps you pace the amount of water you drink and also motivates you to drink the right amount of water your body requires. I usually drink more water in the morning, and now I am drinking more water constantly throughout the entire day. It is very durable, easy to set up and clean. I give this product 5 eyeballs.

ASSI....What a great concept, a water bottle that monitors your intake. The HydraCoach is a smart invention that eliminates the work of tracking your daily conception. It is a simple as selecting ounces or liter, pounds or kilograms, and 12 or 24 hours. Enter your weight, date, time, and the digital recorder provides a reading of the recommended daily hydration for your weight. You can set the timer to begin at the start of your day and it will monitor every sip until you stop it. I am a start/stop gal; therefore, I like to start the timer when I take a sip and then stop it when I'm done. Although, I start and stop, the Hydracoach continues to accurately monitor my daily consumption. I quickly adjusted to the specially designed mouth piece that prevents water from escaping, you must bite down on the mouth piece and suck to release a steady flow of water. I was so excited to try-out the intelligent water bottle that I hoisted in the air, bit down on the mouth piece, and started to drink. It was uncomfortable using the HydraCoach like a traditional water bottle, to me. I really like the look and design of the HydraCoach, all of the parts seem durable, and it is easy to disassemble and assemble. As an added bonus the screw on cap comes with a built in handle to carry the HydraCoach with ease. As I see it treat your body to what it needs, the water coach, and let your mind get on to other things. I give the HydraCoach five blinks.

No comments: