Total Pageviews

Friday, March 14, 2008

Gas Prices Nearly $4 In California and Hawaii

AHSI...Every time I drive around the DC Metro Area I notice that the gas prices have gone up between a nickle and a dime each day. When it is all broken down gas fluctuates between 10 and 20 cents a week depending on your location.

While traveling up and down the East coast we notice that gas is the cheapest and most stable in the state of New Jersey, and in Delaware the prices are about the same as the Washington Metropolitan Area. When you enter New York the prices increase and even higher in Connecticut. I usually fill up in Maryland where the gas is currently $3.19 a gallon for 87 Octane (Regular) up from $3.08. I have a Nissan Altima 2.5S and the last time I went to the pump, I dropped $62.00. I can make it to Connecticut on one tank of gas but what I usually do is put $20 in the tank and fill up in New Jersey.

While the price of oil climbs above $110 a barrel, most Americans dread the day they will have to pay $4. On tropical islands and a few stations in California, $4 gas has already arrived, straining the pocketbooks of residents and businesses. Maui is on the verge of becoming the first area in the nation to average $4 for a gallon of regular. The average price in Wailuku reached $3.934 on Thursday, the highest price in AAA's Daily Fuel Gauge Report. At several stations, it was a penny shy of $4. In the remote coastal town of Hana, it was around $4.40 a gallon.

No comments: