Total Pageviews

Friday, March 21, 2008

Ms. Jackson is Discipline

ASSI – It takes real discipline to overcome two mediocre albums and a new team of producers to resurrect a Janet’s musical career. I am a fan of Janet, however, I was displeased with her last two efforts and really felt that she should have shelved producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis years ago, but loyalty is on of Ms. Jackson’s disciplines. Ten slamming hot tracks are all Janet needed on this album like: Feedback, Rock With You, Can’t Be U, The 1 featuring Missy Elliott, So much better, What’s Ur Name, Discipline, and Curtains are my choices and a few others for good measure. I will split this album with Janet, she can keep eleven to thirteen tracks and I will take the above mentioned tracks, and with the intros is enough to produce a quality album. The other tracks could have been saved for the next album, but I guess the beats are not worth saving since music is constantly changing. Discipline sounds much better on the computer, Janet’s vocals are stronger, and can be clearly heard; however, when I listen in the car her vocals are under the music track, which makes it difficult to appreciate. As I see Janet's Discipline receives 3.5 blinks.

AHSI.... Besides looking at Janet Jackson's album cover, I was disappointed listening to Discipline. Janet is still whispering in all of her songs and to me the songs are immature for a women in her 40's. I know everyone wants to stay young forever but its time for Ms Jackson to grow up and give us some adult material to listen to. You do not hear any soul in her voice and her beats are to poppish for lack of better words. I give her album 1 eyeball.

No comments: