Total Pageviews

Monday, March 24, 2008

Meet The Browns

ASSI - Tyler Perry who is an phenomenal writer, producer, and director, who has is riding the film wave. Meet the Browns is an adaptation of his stage play "Meet the Browns" a formula that has worked for Perry. He has turned all his plays into blockbuster movies for the masses, if you enjoy his plays, you probably will enjoy the movies too. I laughed so much during the movie that I was gasping for air. My natural instinct was to hoot and holler out loud, but I would have embarrassed myself had I fully enjoyed myself in the theater. David Mann who plays Leroy Brown is an outstanding actor and I am pleased that more people will have an opportunity to see his work. His wife Tamela Mann plays his daughter Cora Brown, and the Mann's seem to have a friendship and working relationship with Perry. I appreciate the realism of his films that are relevant to America's stories. Meet the Brown's is comedy that delivers the laughs and will have you shedding joyful and sad tears. Jennifer Lewis who is a wonderful actress delivered her lines and played her character's as Vera Pop Brown's oldest daughter. Angela Bassett is the illegitimate daughter of Pop Brown, a pimp who loved his hoes, and as a result of sleeping with girls produced Angela who inherits a house from her late father and gains a colorful family and a new surrounding for her three children. As I see it "Meet the Browns" is a delightful comedy and I give it 4 blinks.

No comments: