Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Pringles more than a Chip

ASSI - Pringles is my chip of choice. I like the traditional flavor, but am I also pleased with the various flavors that are offered, and I am extremely pleased that I can purchase all flavors for $1.00 a can. Pringles was introduced to the states in 1968, the name was picked out of Cincinnati , Ohio telephone book, and went global in 1970. The name was changed from "Pringles Newfangled Potato Chips" to "Pringles" when they went national. I know there is minimal air space in the can unlike a bag of chips that are mostly air and greasy chips. I like the texture of the chips when I place them in my mouth, I also like the shape, and crunch of the chip. Pringles even offers a low fat can of chips. I the packaging and logo is eye catching. The art work on the cans are attractive, the colors are vibrant, and the image is inviting enough to make you want to pick-up a can and pop a few in your mouth. I like to make the duck beak using the chips, I place one up and the other down, and move my mouth like a duck. Kids and adults are amused each time a perform my little trick. When I get to the last Ten or so pringles, I crunch them up and slide the remaining chips into my mouth. As I see it Alexandria Liepa who invented the chip and Gene Wolfe, a Science Fiction and Fantasy author who developed the machine that cooked the chips are snack geniuses, and I am one consumer who is appreciative of the product.

No comments: