Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Is The Elephant In The Room?

AHSI.....Fat Joe is still hanging in their with The Elephant In the
Room. Although he came in third place next to Rick Ross and Snoop Dogg he has the better album of the three to me. I am impressed with Joey Crack because he consistently gets better with each album. Big Pun definitely helped Joe through the years grow as an artist and after Big Pun passed away it seems as if Fat Joe got a lot better. The song he has with the best rapper ever KRS-1 shows the 1988 rhyme flow that was the best in its class. He has a wide range of songs on his album such as 300, a gritty NY song letting you know he is ready for war, The song that is getting a lot of play on the radio is his duet with J-Holiday (I Won't Tell). I give The Elephant In The Room 4 eyeballs.

ASSI - Ten to Twelve great tracks is all an artist really need on an album, and "The Elephant in The Room" delivers twelve radio friendly tracks. Big Joe and his signature Crack, Coca Crack is referenced through out the album. Joe leaned back and snatched the Great One KRS - One for "My Conscience", he is talking to his conscience or is it his mentor regardless Kris is pounds it out. Lil' Wayne is popping up on everybodies' album, but Joe really could have used the money he paid Lil' Wayne for future beats. The drum beats on Cocoababy make the track. It is apparent that Joe is no longer literally slanging Crack Cocaine on the streets or is he? His lyrics are laced with crack and folks on the street are buying it up, and according to Joe he is going to, "Get It for Life". If he continues to work on his craft and draw inspiration from Big Pun. The rats in the game will be eliminated, and he tells us all how to get rid of the rats in the ghetto. Check out K.A. R. I believe he is talking to Curtis the biggest rat. "300 Brolic" has a dark phantom feel to it that makes it kind a mysterious. This is the first time that I have listened to an entire Fat Joe album, I generally like the commercial stuff, but not enough to purchase. However, I heard a radio announcer ask who will have the number one album out of Snoop, Fat Joe, and Rick Ross. I decided to purchase all three just to take a listen. Honestly, I prefer Snoop, Fat Joe and then Rick Ross. As I see it Fat Joe was the smartest he only has twelve tracks that can garner six commercial hits unlike Snoop who has 21 tracks and Ross with 15. I give "The Elephant in The Room 3.5 blinks.

No comments: