Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Best Place for Mexican

ASSI - Lauriol Plaza is the best place in Washington, DC to eat Mexican food, the Fita bread seems to be freshly made daily, the Chef does an excellent job with Salmon, the Nacho chips are too greasy, but overall it is an excellent place if you enjoy mexican food. A friend and I dined there last evening and the last time that I dined a Lauriol was about six or seven years ago. The layout was actually the same, the service was as good as I remembered, and the atmosphere was practically the same.
Many years ago while attending a luncheon celebration my food was accidentally removed from the table and the manager wrote on the back on his business card that Lauriol would replace my food on my next visit. I had that card with me last evening and in deed, I received complimentary cheese quesadillas and plantains that were really good. I also ordered Salmon stuffed with lump crab meat, four string beans and two carrots, black beans and rice, and plantains that was absolutely delicious. I topped that off with Mango Margarita that was a nice filler. My bill came to 40.00 including tip.
My girlfriend had something that resembled a seafood enchiladas with rice that was smothered in a cheese sauce that was washed down with hot tea, a shot of Jameson, and Mango Margaritas, and her tab was $30.00 including a tip. It would have been nice to share a photo of the well presented food, but I was so engaged in conversation with my friend that I neglected to photograph the food. If and when return to Lauriol's I will be sure to take a photo. As I see it, Lauriol Plaza is hands down the best Mexican Restaurant in Washington, DC for good food, drinks and an ideal environment to be social with a friend or a group of friends. I give Lauriol Plaza 4.5 blinks.

No comments: