Total Pageviews

Friday, October 3, 2008

St. Anna Needs A Miracle!

ASSI ....When I first saw the trailer of Director, Spike Lee's film
"Miracle at St. Anna", I was unmoved, I thought it was another war movie, and I was right. However, I allowed myself to be influenced by his appearance on Oprah, the crowds' reaction to the film, and Lee stated that the film is loosely based on a relative' who served in the Army's Negro 92 Division. The fact that Spike is providing the life experience of four Black soldiers who were separated from their unit behind enemy lines in a Tuscan village in Italy. Gail King stated that the film represented more than soldiers fighting for their lives that the film is a human interest movie, Spike stated that "Miracle at "St. Anna" is story that contains 18 miracles; therefore, I was intrigued and very interested in supporting the movie. The movie is well written, well acted, and well directed. It was a pleasure seeing Michael Ealy, Derek Luke, Laz Alonso, Omar Benson Miller, and Pierfrancesco Favino, the Italian boy who made his film debut in "Miracle at St Anna." As I see it if you like war movies, like films based on true stories, and have 2 hours and 40 minutes to dedicate to a movie "Miracle at St. Anna" is the film for you. If not, want three months and catch on DVD. I give "Miracle at St. Anna" 2.5 blinks.

No comments: