Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 19, 2008

LaMadeleine in the Galleria Mall

ASSI - While in Houston, TX for the weekend, I wanted have breakfast at a restaurant that was unfamiliar to us, but when we ended up at the "Galleria Mall" our choices were limited. However, when we asked if there was a restaurant in the Mall that was offering breakfast our choice was "LaMadeleine" a Country French Cafe that offered six dishes for breakfast and none appealed to my palate, I wanted a waffle or pancakes, but was unwilling to leave the Mall after spending more than an hour looking for breakfast food. I settled for Chicken Friand - Puff pastry filled with chicken, mushrooms and bechamel sauce, topped with mushroom sauce for $5.99 and a Potato Galette for $2.49 that was different but enjoyable. I would have preferred that the Chicken Friand had more chicken instead of a piece here and there. He had a hot Chicken Parisien Sandwich - Marinated chicken breast, bacon, melted cheddar, mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato on a sourdough roll for $7.95 and two waters. As I see it, if you like french food LaMadeleine is an ideal place to grab something to eat while watching the ice skaters, skating at the indoor rink in the Mall. I give "LaMadeleine" 3 blinks.

No comments: